When you first bring home a cute and fluffy hamster, the excitement of having your own little friend might overwhelm you. It can be tempting to call it just about anything, but if you want to get them socialized and started on training it’s best to give them an actual name.
What is the best hamster name? That depends largely on personal preference, however, there are some great ideas you can use as inspiration for naming your own unique little furball! Here are some great hamster names that you can use for inspiration.
- 3 Quick Tips To Help You Name Your Hamster
- Best Hamster Names
- Funny Hamster names
- Unique & Individualized Hamster names
- Cute Hamster Names
- Girl Hamster Names For a Cute Female
- Boy Hamster Names For a Funny Male
- Unisex Hamster Names
- Orange Hamster Names
- Black Hamster Names
- White Hamster Names
- Black and White Hamster Names
- Brown Hamster Names
- Grey Hamster Names
- Syrian Hamster Names
- Dwarf Hamster Names
- Best Names for a Pair of Hamsters
- Hamster Names in Movies
- Hamster in Other Languages
3 Quick Tips To Help You Name Your Hamster
- Take your time and think about it: it can be insightful and interesting to take a few days before naming your pet to come up with something creative! Most people have trouble choosing a hamster name, so don’t worry, take your time!
- It should reflect their personality or traits: depending on how well you know your hamster, you might want to consider thinking of a good hamster name that reflects personality traits. If they’re stubborn, for example, maybe choose a name like “Romeo”, the stubborn little fellow!
- Not too hard or too long: there are plenty of great hamster names out there, but avoid those that are incredibly long or difficult to pronounce. It might make for a funny story now, but it won’t be as much fun when you’re calling out the hamster’s name and they don’t respond.
Best Hamster Names
If you are a hamster lover, it’s a great idea to give the best name to your new little hamster! It’s also a great way to get him socialized. Here are some trendy hamster names you can choose from.
- Nibbles – This is a simple yet adorable name for a hamster, and pretty much everyone will be able to say it correctly!
- Chubs – A cute and appropriate choice for a stout hamster.
- Cinderella – If your pet loves to run on their wheel all night long, they may as well have this classic fairy-tale name!
- Fuzzy – For a cute hamster with incredibly soft fur.
- Squeakers – Perfect for any loud hamsters in the house.
- Fluffy – You can’t go wrong with this name if you’ve got some cute fluffballs running around the house!
- Nutmeg – A unique, unexpected name that is best suited for a hamster with brown or tan fur.
- Goober – This would be an adorable choice for any hamsters who are particularly fond of their food!
- Cookie – For those who love to eat, this is one of the most fitting names out there.
- Pumpkin – Perfect for bright-eyed hamsters with orange fur & whiskers.
- Nibbler – A great choice if you’ve got some little nibblers in your house!
- Honeybuns – Also works for girl hamsters, and quite adorable.
- Scruffy – If your pet has a wild mane of hair on its back, they might as well have this fun name.
- Chestnut – A simple yet adorable name for any hamster with chestnut-colored fur.
- Pitterpatter – This is a cute option if your pet is constantly running around in your home.
- Angel – Perfect for any of the good boys and girls out there!
- Chewie – You can’t go wrong with this choice if you’ve got a cheeky little one in the house.
- Momo – For those who love to sleep, this Japanese name might be perfect for your hamster!
- Snickers – Cute for black or brown hamsters with sweet faces.
- Nibs – Another adorable option that works well for active hamsters.
- Pinky – If you’ve got a pink hamster, this might be the perfect choice.
- Nugget – This is an adorable choice if you’ve got any baby hamsters running around.
- Romeo – Just as cute as it sounds!
- Cookie Monster – Because who doesn’t love a great cookie?
- Apple – Perfect for those with red or green eyes.
Funny Hamster names
If your furry little hamster pet has a funny personality, we’ve gathered for you 20 funny hamster names. If you spend enough time observing your cute furball, you will probably be able to pick one name that suits best his style.
- Hammy – It’s the classic option, but it will never go out of style!
- Mr. Nibbles – A timeless choice for any hamster who loves to eat.
- Maverick – This name works well with adventurous and fast-paced pets.
- Polydactyl – This is a cute option if your hamster has extra toes or fingers.
- Fuzzly Wuzzly – For those who have wild hair on their backs, this is adorable!
- Houdini – Perfect for any escape artists you might have in your home.
- Bacon Strips – This would be an adorable choice for small, brown hamsters.
- Chubsey McFlufferton III – A silly option that will definitely make them stand out from the crowd!
- Baby Dumpling Head – Perfect for those with huge cheeks.
- Nibbles McGee Jr.
- Pork Chop – Another classic name that never gets old!
- Mr. Cute & Handsome – For those hamsters who know they’re the best-looking ones around.
- Little Kissyface – Because they will love to kiss your face all day long if you let them!
- Mr. Sugarbuns – Perfect for any sweet-faced hamsters who aren’t shy about using their charms.
- Panda Bear – This would be perfect for furry, black, and white pets.
- Chachi – Not one of your typical hamster names, but still cute nonetheless!
- Miss Moneybags
- Caramel Popcorn
Unique & Individualized Hamster names
Looking for some unique hamster name ideas? A name that will stand out and that you will find nowhere else across the web? Here comes our secret list of unique and cute names for your cuddly hamster:
- Lumos – For those who love to run around on their wheels all day long.
- Bertha – This is a classic name for large hamsters, but it will always be adorable!
- Lola – Perfect if you’ve got some brown-colored pets running around the house!
- Fluffernutter – Another great option for any super-fluffy hamsters out there.
- Super Mario – Choose this moniker if your pet loves to explore its cage.
- Ma Petite Chou
- Baby Belle
- Butterscotch – A great option for small hamsters with tan or brown fur.
- The Fonz – This is an adorable name for any pets you might have who are in love with the TV show!
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Dot Dot Dot – Because if they connect, they create a full circle!
- Johnny Moustache
- Socks McHenry
- Pumpkin Spice
- Mr. Feisty
- Choo-Choo Bear
- Snow Bunny
Cute Hamster Names
If you are after cute hamster names, you’ve come to the right place! We also have in stock some very, very cute names to choose from – both for male and female hamsters.
- Ruffles – A classic option for those little balls of fur you’ve known since the beginning!
- Rascal – Perfect if their name matches their behavior, but make sure they won’t get confused with a raccoon!
- Bitsy – For those tiny and adorable hamsters who will steal your heart in an instant.
- Chunky Bunny
- Mr. Precious
- Miss Pink
Girl Hamster Names For a Cute Female
Starting with the ladies, here is a list of 20 names for a girl hamster. Female hamsters have that sweet personalities and become very protective when they give birth to babies. So, which one will fit your female hammy’s personality?
- Sweet Pea
- Lady Bug
- Cinnamon Roll
Boy Hamster Names For a Funny Male
Now it’s the boys’ turn! Male hamsters tend to be laid-back most of the time and will only get really excited when the girls are around! Here is a selection of cute male hamster names for you to choose from. Take your time!
- Nutter Butter
- Mr. Cute and Handsome
- Little Bit
- Lil’ Dude
- Mr. Man
- Malted Milk
Unisex Hamster Names
If you are not sure yet of the sex of your hamster and you don’t want to take any risks if your new pet happens to be of the other gender, here are some cute unisex hamster names that you can pick from for your new hamster. You know you’ll be on the safe side if you pick one of these gender-neutral hamster names!
- The Fonz
Orange Hamster Names
If your new teddy bear hamster is orange, why not check out this list of the best orange hamster names you can think about?
- Cinnamon Roll
- Mr. Feisty
Black Hamster Names
Black Hamsters, we haven’t forgotten about you! Here are 20 good names for your furry hamster pet friend!
White Hamster Names
How about white hamsters? The Russian dwarf hamsters are just so cute and fluffy, you just want to squeeze them all day long! But wait a minute… they need a name first!
- Tinker Bell
- Ice Cream
Black and White Hamster Names
Do you have a black and white hamster? Stunning! So you probably want a name that will remind reflect his beautiful robe. Here come another 20 perfect names for hamsters that are black and white.
- Charlie Chaplin
- Moo Moo
Brown Hamster Names
Are you the happy owner of a brown fuzzy hamster and looking for a cute hamster name? Here are 20 names for a brown boy or girl hamster alike.
- Cinnamon Roll
- Rocky Road
- Brown Sugar
Grey Hamster Names
Pet hamsters really come in a wide array of colors and I don’t think we’ve covered grey hamsters yet… A little rarer but twice as cute! So here are a few girl and boy names if you happen to own a little grey dwarf hamster:
Syrian Hamster Names
Among all hamster breeds, Syrian hamster pets are probably one of the most popular. They are very friendly with their owner and tend to form a bond right from the start. So here are 20 great names for your new hamster:
- Darth Vader
- Mr. Feisty
- Brown Sugar
Dwarf Hamster Names
For beautiful and tiny pet hamsters like the dwarf hamster breeds, you want a name that will reflect both the personality and the cuteness of your pet. Here are 20 funny dwarf hamster names you can choose from:
- Little Piglet
- Ms. Fluffles
- Lady Bug
- Kit Kat
- Sugar Baby
- Rocky Road
Best Names for a Pair of Hamsters
Dwarf hamsters love to stay in pairs so you might have two or more cute dwarf hamsters staring at you right now! A cool way of naming your little furballs is to give them famous pair names – this way, you can’t mix them up!
For a Pair of Female Hamsters
We’ve gathered for you some really cute girl hamster names for a pair:
- Roxie and Blanche
- Rosy and Beulah
- Cleo and Myrtle
- Doris and Mavis
- Lulu and Louise
- Mildred and Saffron
- Melanie and Belinda
For a Pair of Male Hamsters
Here are some cute hamster boy names you could give a pair of males:
- Drake and Tuff
- Toby and Reggie
- Dash and Dozer
- Maxwell and Monty
- Flash and Surge
- Willy and Chipper
- Baxter and Bubbles
- Iggy and Spike
For a Male and a Female Hamster
If you are the new owner of a male and a female hamster, you could pick one from the list below:
- Ed and Ethel
- Lucius and Aurelia
- Cecil and Leona
- Buddy and Imelda
- Ebenezer and Marigold
- Bertie and Inez
- Gomer and Fanny
- Toby and Honey
- Radar and Mavis
- Rufus and Lulu
- Wilbur & Myrtle
- Humphrey & Lavender
- Tufty and Curly
- Wilfredo and Clementine
- Boris and Natasha
- Diesel and Molly
- Hazel and Violet
- Ethel and Delilah
Hamster Names in Movies
You might be looking for a hamster name that comes from animation movies – in that case, we’ve got you covered too! Here is a handful of great names for your pet hamster, taken from animation movies around the world.
- Geo (The Loud House)
- Peepi (Invader Zim)
- Snowball (Pinky and the Brain)
- Hamtaro (Hamtaro)
- Myron (Secret Life of Pets 2)
- Penfold (Danger Mouse)
- Ebichu (Ebichu)
- Cheeks (Wild Kratts)
- Hamzou (the idolmaster)
- Marion (Bounty Hamster)
- Rhino (Bolt)
- Doctor Hamster (Peppa Pig)
- Fang (Horrid Henry)
Hamster in Other Languages
You might be lucky enough to speak several languages – or you might be just curious to know how to pronounce the word “hamster” in other languages, as it might help you to name a Syrian or Dwarf hamster.
- рахмат (Russian)
- hamsteri (Finnish)
- criceto (Italian, Galician)
- hörcsög (Hungarian)
- kāmis (Latvian)
- chomik (Polish)
- mmutlanyana (sesotho)
- hamstro (esperanto)
- 햄스터 [haemseuteo] (Koran)
- 仓鼠 [cāngshǔ] (Chinese)
Thank you for reading our blog post about the best hamster names! I hope that it was helpful! In conclusion, hamster names are fun to pick out and can be informative on the type of pet you have. Names like Mr. Feisty or Ms. Fluffles will show people that you’re a fun owner while more serious names like Brown Sugar will give off an impression of responsibility.